Wednesday, July 23, 2014 21:43 | OTWOMD is best viewed using Firefox or Google Chrome in 1024x768 screen resolution

“Stella Maris” by Bukas Palad – MP3 and Lyrics Download

Posted by on Wednesday, September 17, 2008, 20:54
This item was posted in Glory, Maria, Marian Hymns, Religious Songs and has 22 Comments so far.

This song was popularized by Bukas Palad Music Ministry, a Jesuit-backed Choir that started during the 80′s. Stella Maris is a Latin word which literally means “Star of the Sea” and has been used as a title for the Blessed Virgin Mary and is included in the official litany to the Blessed Virgin Mary. While in the Jesuit Novitiate, Junjun Borres (now an SJ), gave the lyrics to Manoling Francisco who was also in the novitiate. Manoling was captivated by the word’s of the poem that depicts the life of a seafarer, that he decided to get a guitar (even though he wan not that good in it) and he wrote the music for the song all in one sitting until the wee hours of the night even though a curfew was implemented in the novitiate house every midnight. The next morning, Manoling found out that then Novice Master, Fr. Mat Sanchez, S.J. was awakend by the commotion of the guitar playing, but was equally captivated by the beauty of the song that Manoling was composing then. He just let Manoling finish composing the song. Stella Maris is one of the unofficial love songs of seminarians all over for the Virgin Mary.

Stella Maris

STELLA MARIS
Written by Fr. Jun-Jun Borres S.J.
Music by Fr. Manoling Francisco S.J.
Performed and recorded by Bukas Palad Music Ministry

Kung itong aming paglalayag
Inabot ng pagkabagabag
Nawa’y mabanaagan ka
Hinirang na tala ng umaga

Kahit alon man ng pangamba
Di alintana sapagkat naro’n ka
Ni unos ng pighati
At kadiliman ng gabi

KORO:
Maria sa puso ninuman
Ika’y tala ng kalangitan
Ningning mo ay walang pagmamaliw
Inang sinta, Inang ginigiliw

Tanglawan kami aming ina
Sa kalangitan naming pita
Nawa’y maging hantungang
Pinakamimithing kaharian (KORO)

You May Have Missed Reading This...

Be the first to read! SUBSCRIBE to our email list

Read our Privacy Policy

22 Comments

1. 19 September, 2008, 22:23

this is one of my favorite worship songs! i love the lyrics of this, the tune, everything, it it gives me the jitters! hahaha i so love this, especially at times of our taize prayer,.. :smile:

piapots last blog post..My First Trip in Manila! Piapot lost again!

2. 7 October, 2008, 16:42

mei piano piece ba yan?? :?: :?: psend naman saken.. katre_mae08@yahoo.com kailangan kasi sa presentation e. :D

3. jay
    7 October, 2008, 19:30

:lol: :idea: am i love this song and i am very much thankful if you will send me the guitar chords for me o use in our Parish youh ministry choir …
    thanks…
    pax et bonum…

4. 17 October, 2008, 16:26

ui meron ba yang mga chords pake send naman pow sa akin plzzzz….. :arrow: shainaprotacio@yahoo.com :grin:

5. donald
    26 October, 2008, 23:13

penge aman pu ng guitar chords nito.. luv pu nmin tong song na to eh..
    ggmitin din pu nmin s rosario cantada nmin..
    plz send me nmn.. God blez.. Mama Mary loves us..
    :grin: :grin:

6. sarah
    10 January, 2009, 15:03

i really like this song…nawa2la ang lungkot na nararamdaman ko…

7. 12 January, 2009, 20:05

Hello Sarah. Yep this is a really nice song. Its one of my faves too.

8. Joel Ramirez
    7 March, 2009, 12:33

Isa sa mga magandang alaala ng aking haiskul layf. Sintunado man palagi pero yan ang aking paborito nun, di ko nga alam ang title nyan dati, nang mga panahon na kelangan ko na hindi mapagod at antukin s trabaho yan lagi kinakanta ko, well wala naman makakarinig kase maingay dun sobra.

9. g_manson
    17 March, 2009, 13:28

i remember singing this song to my mom, especially when she was very sick. This song gave her hope & strength.. And though she may not be with us right now. I know she is happy under Mama Mary’s maternal protection. I LOVE YOU MOM!!! mishu sooo much!

10. Emmeline Pet
    26 April, 2009, 20:07

beautiful song for our Lady! you can actually feel the love of the composer and writer for the Blessed Mother. Good thing the Novice Master was captivated with the song, else we wouldnt be hearing such a beautiful song. =) keep on posting bluep!

11. jane junatas
    29 August, 2009, 8:53

one of the best marian songs ever….

12. jane junatas
    29 August, 2009, 9:18

requesting po for the guitar chords of stella maris….pls!!

13. joan
    1 September, 2009, 16:23

can u please send me the guitar chord of stella maris? i can not find and sites that can give me the guitar chords for this song…we will have a mass on friday and we need to have the chords for this thanks in advance! :)

14. juani
    9 September, 2009, 2:35

Quisiera saber si alguien la tiene en castellano. Muchas Gracias.

15. 25 December, 2009, 9:41

PAX TECUM. . . . . . .

16. 16 February, 2010, 12:37

This is one of those songs that touched my heart most; I love singing it or just listening it over and over again; it makes me feel closer to Mama Mary. I feel it is full of love; leads me to be humble makes me feel like praying always and enjoy looking at Mama Mary only at the altar. Next to How great Thou art ,this song lifts my spirit to know Jesus more and makes me love God all the more.I thank God for people like Fr. Jun Jun and Fr. Manoling their music really moves people to be more Christlike to be more like Mama Mary. Thank you and God bless

17. Blessie Pasag
    7 April, 2010, 21:08

..,ave maria..
    i just wnna ask po how to download mp3s in this site if it can be..
    gratias..

pax tibi..

18. 10 May, 2010, 16:07

ang ganda ng kantang yan lagi namin kinakanta ng mga choir

19. rti27
    19 May, 2010, 21:52

AVE Maria!!!

20. Ramon
    16 July, 2010, 22:03

How do you download this. Love this song. Sorry, hindi techie e.

21. 14 August, 2010, 23:44

Ave Maria, on this feast of her Assumption into Heaven. Thanks for this post!

22. xandre
    3 October, 2010, 15:27

very good song very,very good song love it ,,,
    happy moth of the holy rosary