Two weeks ago I was given the task by my sister to contact the PRC here in our province to renew her and her hubby’s License. So I phoned the PRC office and a staff there told me the details. She even told me to go online at the PRC official site to download the online form. But before she ended the conversation, an intriguing instruction caught my attention “Sir if you cannot download the form, just drop by here in our office and you can scan the form and send it you your sister”. Indeed I smell something was going on with her instruction so I went online ASAP and yes she was right, the infamous PRC official website is nowhere to be found. I tried googling the site, actually I have no idea if the site is on renovation or did they just vanished magically from the cyberspace. When my CIA and NBI skills paid off and found the site (It has an extra domain suffix at the end intended for site test), the link for the online form was incompetent like some of the PRC staff in Manila. The link was useless and you can’t even download the darn forms.
In dismay and utter disappointment for the incompetence of one of the most busiest (o busy-busihan) government branches of the Philippines, I went to the PRC office LIVE! I got this pink form which thanks be to God is not scented. I once again googled for answers and to my surprise in many of the nursing forums that I stumbled upon, there is one shout that echoes the cyberspace: PRC is Incompetent. An array of comments and clamor towards the service and their personnel bombarded the Philippine Regulations Commission. Some of the comments were atrocious (who can blame them?) and some are stories worth reading. So as a public service I decided to upload the forms of the PRC not only for my sister but for the whole migrant professionals who are having a hard time renewing their respective licenses. So below is the instruction on how to fill up, download and submit the requirements for your License renewal.
Prepare the following:
1. two pieces of your latest passport size photos of the renewee in white background and with name tag (full name) on the picture.
2. two xerox/photo copies of your recent PRC ID/ License front and back
3. Authorization letters for your representative in the PRC. Just to make sure, provide one authorization letter for application of renewal of license and one authorization letter for the actual redemption of your license. So that makes two. If your representative (the person who will apply for you) is not a professional licensed by the PRC meaning they have no license such as (a student, a blue collar worker, a military personnel, a casual employee in a government office etc) , a power of attorney is needed.
4. A renewal fee of P650 to P780. The fee depends on the months or years of lapse of validity of your license.
5. Special Mention: If you are going to take the NCLEX or similar examinations and your license is still in the process of renewal, make another two authorization letter, but this time for application of certification and redemption of certificate. The certification will prove that your license is being renewed. Fee ranges from P96 to P200. It is advised that two to three months prior to the expiration of your license, you should apply immediately so that you can avoid delays and penalty.
6. Download the PRC Form Here then fill out the form. The file is in Microsoft Word document because not all professionals are literate in adobe PDF files. Print the form then at the back of it, print the second page of the form. Then cut it into its original form size. PRC will not accept forms that are not within their size limit. That’s how OC they are there.
7. Mail via courier your filled up form (attached with the said requirements above) to your representative. It is best to send the documents via courier because postal services here in the Philippines are soooooooooo unreliable and soooooooooooooooooo slow!
8. Then wait for two months before your new ID is released. Yes two months… I know, don’t get me started on that.
RENEWAL OF LOST PRC ID/LICENSE
For those who lost their Licenses (PRC ID) and wanted to renew them, please look for an old license or a back to back xerox copy of your old PRC license because they will require them from you. I askjed the rationale behind, they said that it will be easier for them to locate or validate your old license with the use of your old PRC ID. That is why do not throw your old IDs and Licenses because they will require them from you if you ever lost your recent ID.
DUPLICATION OF LOST PRC ID/LICENSE
The process is the same as the renewal of lost PRC License except that you have to indicate in the form the specific application you want and provide an affidavit of loss. Please also attach authorization letters to every transaction that your representative will do in the PRC office in your behalf. Proper requirements and documentation will lessen the delays and hassles to the already bombarded and incompetent PRC offices.
DESTROYED ID CARD
If your PRC ID/License was destroyed, mutilated or was soaked in a sulfuric acid (I’m exaggerating), please include the destroyed card in the requirements to be submitted. PRC staff are too paranoid and skeptic in believing that you will go through all the trouble of applying for another ID just to to bluff.
Below is a detailed run-through in filling up the form:
1. Make sure to check or tick the box on the upper left hand corner of the form. Specify if your license is for renewal, duplication, reprinting or change of name.
2. Attach on the upper right hand corner of the form, one of your passport size photo with name tag. The other copy of your photo is for the PRC staff use.
3. Fill up the form legibly with your name, mailing address and pertinent details of your License. Do not forget to sign the form with your signature on the space provided.
4. Do not fill in the boxes highlighted below. The PRC staff will be the one to fill those blanks.
5. Wait for the PRC staff to give you your claim stub. That stub bears the date when you can redeem your license. Tell also your representative to not lose this stub because PRC staff will not release your license if this stub is lost. When redeeming the license, tell your representative to attach the stub to your Authorization letter because they will ask for it upon redemption of your license.
6. At the back of your form, do not forget to sign it with your signature. Submit this fully filled up form with your photos, xerox copies of your license and other requirements mentioned above depending on the kind of application you are targeting.
If you have further questions, request or any suggestions to help Nurses and professionals renew their licenses without going into trouble of looking for answers on the web, just feel free to leave a message below leaving your true email address on the comments form so that I can personally contact you with your inquiry. Or subscribe to the comments subscription below so that you may be updated with the changes here . May this little run-through help you in renewing your licenses.